Accidentally contacting power line can be dangerous and in some cases, even deadly. Clark Energy wants to help our members stay safe around power lines.
Keep a Safe Distance
Whether you are playing outdoors with your children or working on landscaping projects, keep a safe distance from power lines and other equipment Clark Energy uses to get electricity to your home.
Always remember to:
- Stay away from power lines, meters, transformers and electrical boxes.
- Don't climb trees near power lines.
- Never fly kites, remote control airplanes on balloons near power lines.
- If you get something stuck in a power line, call Clark Energy to get it.
- Keep a safe distance from overhead power lines when working with ladders or installing objects such as antennas.
- Never touch or go near a downed power line.
- Don't touch anything that may be touching a downed wire, such as a car.
- Keep children and pets away.
Watch this video of why we warn you to stay away from downed power lines . . .