Before notifying Clark Energy of your outage, check your breaker or fuse box to see if the problem is in your home or business. Mobile homes also have a breaker under the meter on the pole.
Dispatch is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week/365 days a year.
DO NOT REPORT YOUR OUTAGE BY EMAIL, WEBSITE OR FACEBOOK! These platforms are not monitored 24/7/365 and your outage will not be responded to.
If someone in your home is on a life-support system, call and inform our office at 1-800-992-3269 so it can be noted on the account.
Other important information on outages
Turn off all unnecessary appliances during an outage to prevent an overload when your power is restored. The sudden impact of an overload could cause another outage.
If you have an electric heat pump or furnace, it is recommended to lower the thermostat setting. If you don't, once the power returns your system will run continuously until to reach the setting and will increase your electric bill.
To further protect your appliances and electronics, we recommend the use of surge protection equipment.
In times of heavy call volume, your call will be answered by our outage management system. Please follow these steps:
1. The automated attendant will pick up the line and greet the caller.
2. Choose option 1 to report an outage.
3. Simultaneously, the interactive voice response (IVR) is searching our member database using the phone number supplied by caller ID to see if he number is in the database. In order for your number to be recognized, it must be the same one listed on your Clark Energy account. If the phone number is recognized, the automated attendant will greet the caller and asks if he/she know the cause of the outage. If so, the caller is asked to leave a message.
4. If the caller calls from a phone line that is not recognized in the database (one that is different than the one on the account), he/she will be asked to enter the phone number that is linked to the account.
5. Members who do not have a phone number attached to their account are asked to leave a message.
6. Clark Energy's dispatcher is continually reviewing the messages left on the IVR to see if there are any public safety issues or clues to the cause of the outage.
7. The call is posted on the screen of the IVR and also sent to the outage management system to be analyzed.
8. When the member's service has been restored, the IVR or a Clark Energy employee will call the member, if requested, to verify that service is on.
Interactive Outage Texting is available for members who have their mobile phone number listed on their account. It's as simple as texting "out" to 1-800-992-3269.
This service also offers status updates regarding your outage.
If you need to add your mobile number to your Clark Energy account to take advantage of this program, call 1-800-992-3269, option 3. Being a part of this program will also enable us to inform you of planned outages and maintenance updates.